AVIC411.com

I have a lot of questions.Bare with me I'm new here.I want to install my D3 in my tuck.I want it to play the DVD and the Nav while I drive.I want to use my cell phone while I drive through the unit.I am wondering what I will need for the basic install?Is there a kit to hook into my factory plug that I need?I have seen the bypass harnesses on E-bay,and am wondering if I need this.I am mechanically inclined and am an electrician by trade.I should be able to handle whatever,but I need some help from you guys.Thanks.

Lets see depends on the year.

1998-and lower - You got a lot of work to do since the radio opening is single din. The harness is a 70-1770

1999-2004 - kit is a 99-5805. you will have to shave the top and bottom of the radio opening a little to fit the avic. Harness is a 70-1771

2005+ - kit is a 95-5812. No modification needed. Harness is a 70-5520.

A note though since you're an electrician, wire nuts= a bad idea in a car. Don't use them

As for the bypass there's plenty of threads that tell you how to do it...

The cellphone thing, you'll need a cdbtb200, and a bluetooth enabled cellphone. You'd be surprised the number of customers I get that don't get that part...

My truck is a 2004.I would never use wirenuts in a car.Where do I get the car kit you speak of, or any other parts for the radio?I have a few days to hook it up when I get home from working out of town.I am leaving with the truck when I get back.I want to make sure I have eveything I need .Thanks for all the help.This seems like a great website.

• 1 year later...