AVIC411.com

I finally feel your pain...

I like to consider myself pretty well informed when it comes to avics. At any rate, I put a D3 in a caliber about 2weeks ago. Guy comes in today to have me add the steering wheel adaptors and the ipod cable, also to check why the shop demo screen still hasn't gone away after driving almost 2000 miles.

So I start testing everything. Turns out the distance number in the learning status menu still says 0.00 miles. The system is registering the vss pulse. It's locking onto 6 sats and 2 more are yellow. I tear into the car, everything seems to be checking out. Grabbed the display d3 off the wall threw it in with a BRAND NEW gps antenna. Drive the car the 2 miles that it normally takes for the sensors to initialize. Still no mileage readout. Disconnect vss reset all learning status and do the same thing. Still no mileage readout. Repeated with a New out of box D3 same results. At this point I'm ripping what little hair I have out extremely pissed off. So I say fuck it called pioneer dealer support. Yeah big fucking help they were. The conversation basically consisted of him telling me I'm doing something wrong, and that they don't make defective units. At this point my blood is boiling. Shame the customer came in at that point. I hung up the phone and threw it accross the shop. Thankfully the customer has been really cool about everything so he's going to bring the caliber back tomorrow for me to rip the rest of my hair out....

I feel for those of you unlucky enough to have to deal with regular pioneer tech support..... :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

dang the gps antenna...i had that problem with an n2. took it out of the box while installing it in a customer's car and installed the antenna. after running the wire and plugging it in, turned it on and it said that there was no gps antenna connected...so i look at the antenna and the wire falls out of the antenna. looks like it was just smashed in there, but it was a brand new unit...never sold. weird.