AVIC411.com

Avic D3 in my MR2, and lovin' it!

So last Friday I got around to installing the D3 in my 1992 Toyota MR2 Turbo, and I've got to say, I'm loving this thing so far. I got it for $699 from compuplus, and for that price, its almost worth it for the fabulous iPod control by itself. I went ahead and did the bypass because... well, for one thing its actually easier to install that way!!!! LOL!

I love the way it looks in the car. You could easily mistake it for a stock option, except that, of course, you couldn't get anything like this back in '92. So far navigation seems decent, and its fairly easy to use. I've also got a Nav unit in my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer and that has the advantage of a pair of hardware buttons that let you quickly switch between Nav and your audio source, but over all the D3 is working out great. The D3 certainly has better iPod integration, even if the Lancer's Nav has 6 gigs of onboard music storage.

nav3hy7.th.jpg

The biggest issue I've got is with glare on the screen, though that seems to be much more of a problem in the morning than later in the day.

So, a big thumbs up from me!!! :D

I have a hard time taking a woman seriously when she is giving me directions..no offense ha

LOL! It's too bad Pioneer doesn't offer voices for sale like Tom Tom. You could have Darth Vader or Yoda telling you which way to go.