AVIC411.com

Video out possible from a N3?

I wanted to find out if there was a way to hook up an additional video monitor to an N3? The screen on the N3 is nice, however, due to the location of the HU in my car, I would need to take my eyes off the road to use the nav unit, which is not a good idea.

Not trying to be a smart ass..but the rear audio/video out on the brain unit.. Where are you going to put a screen at that you don't have to take your eyes off of the road to look at?

On a sidenote..a heads up display nav system would be the shit

Thanks for replying Mr. Smartass ;)

I have never seen the back of the unit, probably because the photos I have seen have sucked.

I was thinking of putting a screen on top the dash, right about the vents on my 03 TL. I just have to find a screen.

its on the brain which is different from the screen where you control everything. The connections are your standard red/white and yellow rca's. I'd check ebay...n1 n2 or n3 brain they are all the same on the outside

Hmmm, ok. I thought it might be. However, if I wanted to make the monitor a touchscreen, I would need to be able to send data to and from the brain...a technical challenge.

that would be not possible. Your going to have to take your eyes off the road either way for a few seconds. If your that concerned about it get a windshield mount garmin.

The side glance to a nav monitor is much quicker then looking down near my shifter for information, etc.

As for the Garmin, I have seen them and I am very unimpressed and they don't use the XM nav traffic, as far as I know. Hence my interest in the Pioneer navs.