AVIC411.com

N3 Discs! yay!

Purchased the N3 disc's off Pioneers's site (I'd rather have commercial discs then copies as they wear a lot better in extreme conditions)... should be here on the 31st! I'm excited.. were there many map changes in the new version? I know in the past 2 disc sets I've had, a few our the bypasses (freeways) around our town show up as straight lines and don't match the real ones at all... so you'll appear to be driving in the middle of a field in the map...

Yea the maps and street names are more accurate. More recent POIs, and a lot less "dead spots"/inaccurate street turns, distances and maps. These things are great! I just buy copies because :1. I can't justify paying 250 for maps. 2. I get my copied disc rip it to my laptop, and then put in my background pictures, change the lame pioneer start up screen and then burn it. Works great for me!

• 2 weeks later...

they are the 70's... but I am HORRIBLY disapointed.. the maps are a lot more inaccurate then the 60's in my area :( one road littearly goes all over the place and its perfectly fine in 50's and 60's disc's... its pretty much a straight road with a slight curve that goes for a mile...

on the 70's it goes straight about 50 yards... does a sharp right 20 yards... goes straight goes back right makes a large circle comes back goes straight half a mile loops in a U around a train track... turns right... goes BACKWARDS! then comes back to the exit of the road.. and then parts of some of the roads arn't even connected on the maps where they should start and end... they just have blank space... which confuses the traffic routing thinking ok that road I cant turn onto... I dont know I thought this would be an improvement... but its a BAD one.... a really bad one for where I am... although they did fix a road that as messed up on teh 50's and 60's maps... it was freeway that showed up as a straight line when it was actually curved for 3 miles...... thats fixed but now the other roads that were fine are messed up..... so I am disapointed... but the updated POI is nice... more locations now I can see