AVIC411.com

Ok, this has been bothering me since I installed the D2

Ok, I forgot to post this, cause I got it figured out, but now it just bugs me, and I don't know why it did this, so I was wondering if anyone has ran into this before.

when I was installing my D2, I made all the connections, and powered it up, just to make sure everything worked (except the backup cam), everything worked fine, so, I connected everything up, mounted everything, including the cam, which I powered by connecting the power to the Red wire of the harness (switched 12 V+) and the Black ground, mounted everything up, went to turn it on after the install, the D2 would not come on at all. Checked the fuses, everything was fine, so I started tracking all the wires, then thought, that the only thing that wasn't connected was the back up cam, so I disconnected it, and VIOLA!! the D2 powered right up.

Have any of you ever seen this??

I just tapped into another 12V switched source, but I don't know why this would have caused the D2 not to power up.

If i remember correctly without looking at the diagram.. the red is just a switched power telling the unit to turn on. You would have to tie the camera power into the yellow 12v wire.

Then the camera would be on the whole time, I just wanted the camera on when the truck was on, BTW it is an 01 Expedition