AVIC411.com

Ok, so I have been dealing with this VSS issue for way too long now.....Here is my dilemma today. I believe the VSS in my 07 Ford Escape is not hooked up properly because there is no speed pulse under the 3d calibration screen. However, there is a speed shown in the grey area near the bottom of that screen next to little red car with the green circles around it (not sure what the technical name is for that) I went back to Circuit City today....again, and they told me that VSS was hooked up but could not explain why there was no speed pulse. They also told me that if the navigation system tracks my car through a tunnel THAT is a pretty good indication the VSS is sensing. Could the fact that my system is bypassed effect the speed pulse? I really hope I could get this squared away sometime soon.....Thanks again.

Ok, so I have been dealing with this VSS issue for way too long now.....Here is my dilemma today. I believe the VSS in my 07 Ford Escape is not hooked up properly because there is no speed pulse under the 3d calibration screen. However, there is a speed shown in the grey area near the bottom of that screen next to little red car with the green circles around it (not sure what the technical name is for that) I went back to Circuit City today....again, and they told me that VSS was hooked up but could not explain why there was no speed pulse. They also told me that if the navigation system tracks my car through a tunnel THAT is a pretty good indication the VSS is sensing. Could the fact that my system is bypassed effect the speed pulse? I really hope I could get this squared away sometime soon.....Thanks again.

The speed being shown is based on the system's calculation off the gps signal. If the learning status says simple hybrid. THen the system is not registering the vss pulse or it's not hooked up. If you go into the connection status screen and drive the vehicle. The speed pulse should go up with speed. You should also hear a beeping noise. If neither happens then vss is NOT hooked up or it's hooked up to the wrong wire.

Speed Sense gray/black ac ABS or brake system control module

Notes: The ABS control module is on the rear driver side of the engine compartment. On the Hybrid models, the brake system control module is on the rear passenger side of the engine compartment.

On vehicles with the 6-disc in-dash CD changer, this wire is also found in the radio harness.

That the vss info for your vehicle. Once vss is hooked up, all of the stuff in the learning status menu must be reset so the system will relearn and go into 3d hybrid mode. Oh and no the system being bypassed will have NO effect on the speed pulse.

Cntrylvr....Forgive me if I am wrong, but don't you work or give technical support to Circuit City in some capacity??? If so, would it be possible to have the Circuit City people here contact you at some point? I have taken my vehicle back to have my D3 "adjusted" 5 times now. The last two times they told me the VSS is hooked up and they didn't know why the speed pulse wasn't working. If they can't do it, would Circuit City reimburse me for the install or something??? I think I have been extremely patient and understanding throughout this whole thing, but I am beginning to get edgy....Any help or advise you could offer would really be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Cntrylvr....Forgive me if I am wrong, but don't you work or give technical support to Circuit City in some capacity??? If so, would it be possible to have the Circuit City people here contact you at some point? I have taken my vehicle back to have my D3 "adjusted" 5 times now. The last two times they told me the VSS is hooked up and they didn't know why the speed pulse wasn't working. If they can't do it, would Circuit City reimburse me for the install or something??? I think I have been extremely patient and understanding throughout this whole thing, but I am beginning to get edgy....Any help or advise you could offer would really be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

I do work for Circuit as an installer. The guys that did the work have access to the same info I do. I don't see why they're having such a problem with hooking up and verifying operation of 1 wire. As for calling me, I'm on vacation at the moment so that'd be a little difficult.

They also told me that if the navigation system tracks my car through a tunnel THAT is a pretty good indication the VSS is sensing.

Nope. I did my Avic D3 install myself, and I know that I didn't hook up my VSS and the D3 tracks me through tunnels. Well, not really. I think it just uses the speed that I was going entering the tunnel to track me.