AVIC411.com

Hey, I just install a D3 in my 07 Tacoma and have a cople of questions.

1. When I first installed it, it would not let me change the time zone to set the time. I hadn't hooked up the VSS, brake, or reverse wires yet. So, after I hooked those up it still will not let me set the time. What am I doing (or have done) wrong?

2. How do I verify the VSS is working?

3. So other than doing the hack, I have to have the parking brake on when ever I want to set waypoints and stuff of that nature. I thought as long as you were not moving you could do that without setting the bake.

Thanks in advance for any help or direction you point me.

1. When I first installed it, it would not let me change the time zone to set the time. I hadn't hooked up the VSS, brake, or reverse wires yet. So, after I hooked those up it still will not let me set the time. What am I doing (or have done) wrong?

There is a setting that says something about 'summertime' which means daylight savings. Under that there will be a thing where you can add or subtract 3 hours from the time it is displaying. As far as I know you can't set it to the minute, just adjust the time programmed in.

2. How do I verify the VSS is working?

Go into the settings tab in the nav menu. there should be a button for hardware info, and system info I think. will show if your VSS is connected.

3. So other than doing the hack, I have to have the parking brake on when ever I want to set waypoints and stuff of that nature. I thought as long as you were not moving you could do that without setting the bake.

in that same hardware info screen, it should always say parking brake on. If not you didn't do the bypass correctly. Can you watch movies? Do you get any error messages?

in that same hardware info screen, it should always say parking brake on. If not you didn't do the bypass correctly. Can you watch movies? Do you get any error messages?

I don't think that he has done the hack. He's asking if on an unbypassed unit, will all the functions be available if the car is just stopped.

I'm not sure, but if you have everything connected correctly, I would think that you have to have your parking brake on.

Read into the manual, it doesn't clearly say how to check the VSS. Page 69 sayd speed pulse will be zero if stationary. Which it does. When moving it still says 0. But on page 68 under 3d calibration, it shows speed pulses. That number it shows (started at 0) grows everytime I drive the truck.