AVIC411.com

2007 Audi A4 sat ready antenna

Hello all! Newbie here. :roll: my question is i have a 2007 audi a4 w/ symphony headunit. I have a D3 that i am in the process of installing. I just purchased the sir-pnr2 siruis pioneer sat tuner and was wondering if i have to use the supplied sat radio antenna or can i just plug in the pre-wired antenna that comes w/ the car from the factory? is the factory sat radio antenna plug located behind the factory headunit (left unplugged)? would i be able to just plug in the factory sat radio antenna into the sir-pnr2 antenna jack? please any and all info will be helpful. TIA!

Hello all! Newbie here. :roll: my question is i have a 2007 audi a4 w/ symphony headunit. I have a D3 that i am in the process of installing. I just purchased the sir-pnr2 siruis pioneer sat tuner and was wondering if i have to use the supplied sat radio antenna or can i just plug in the pre-wired antenna that comes w/ the car from the factory? is the factory sat radio antenna plug located behind the factory headunit (left unplugged)? would i be able to just plug in the factory sat radio antenna into the sir-pnr2 antenna jack? please any and all info will be helpful. TIA!

It depends on what your Audi antenna is. Is it Xm or Siruis, if XM no But if it is Siruis then possibly the only thing i can say that might keep ypu from doing that is the end plug If its siruis. factory installed units use a different end plug than aftermarket pieces.

thx

I assume it's a sirius antenna since late 2007 models only have a sirius radio option from the dealer! is there any kind of adapter to go from factory antenna plug into the aftermarket jack on the sir-pnr2 tuner? my local stereo guy said if it isn't a direct fit they could possibly splice the two together? does that sound feasible? has anyone else figured a way to integrate the factory sat radio antenna so there's no black poopy antenna sitting on top of the roof? TIA

thx

I assume it's a sirius antenna since late 2007 models only have a sirius radio option from the dealer! is there any kind of adapter to go from factory antenna plug into the aftermarket jack on the sir-pnr2 tuner? my local stereo guy said if it isn't a direct fit they could possibly splice the two together? does that sound feasible? has anyone else figured a way to integrate the factory sat radio antenna so there's no black poopy antenna sitting on top of the roof? TIA

I would not let them splice that antenna because then you cahnge the resistance on the cable (bad idea). If you can see the Sat antenna you generally can take it apart pull it out of the housing that it is in and the little piece inside would then plug into your pioneer sat tuner