AVIC411.com

hey guys. I just recently had the Z2 installed and everything works fine except for one thing. When i record a song to the hard drive the sound only comes from the front and rear LEFT speakers. Nothing from the right. WHen the cd is playing and not recording to the hard drive both sides work perfectly, only when recording or when a song is recorded. All the other AV sources (DVD, map, etc) work perfectly, no problem. Just when i have recorded or are redcording songs to the Hard drive. I cant find any settings so i dont know what is going on. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Sorry, I have never heard of this issue. Sounds like it is somehow recording in mono.

Have you tested other CDs? If it is a new unit, you may want to try a level 3 reset (or maybe even a level 4). Not quite sure, maybe others here can help.

Very strange issue if you say the other sources work. What happens if you drag the fader to the front/back or balance left/right? Try this with a good source, and then with a recorded source.

i tried changing the balance when a recorded song is on and there is absolutely no sound on the front or back right speakers, left ones are ok. Tried it with all other sources and with a non recorded song off a cd, works perfect. I tried both a store bought cd and a cdr....same result. The installer said it might be something with the hard drive....no clue at this point. I will call pioneer on monday but if someone can chime in...would be great....btw, how do i perform a level 4 reset and what are the effects of doing that...any loss of data?

Look in the manual about the reset. A level 4 is the highest level, and will reset EVERYTHING. But you may not need this high of a level. Maybe do a 1 --> 2 --> 3 or something.

I don't think anyone has heard of this issue before, so most likely it is a defective unit. Maybe a new hard drive will work, but again, not sure.

Calling Pionner will be your best choice.

Any CD recorded to hard drive could not be heard through my driver's front speaker.

Tested it by putting fader all the way to right side, front speaker. Called the support tech, told to return to store, a defect in the hard drive.

They installed another and not it works perfectly.

Love My Z2