AVIC411.com

avic n2 cannot calculate route

I posted this in the wrong forum earlier (it was in the d1, 2, 3 forum)

I dont know why, but my avic n2 doesn't navigate anymore. i put the address in, it starts to calculate, and just stops and says cannot calculate route. Ive tried a lot of different addresses. Still doesnt work. I turned the car on/off, i removed the cd and put it back. still no luck. Whats going on?

thanks in advance

people said it was the navi dvd, can i burn it? if i have to buy it, where and how can i buy it?

• 1 month later...

i had the same problem...route halfway being calculated said it cant calculate nor could i burn the disc!

The disc was VERY scratched..

The remedy:

as silly as it sounds it worked for me! I used car polish compound and rubbed the disc where the scratches were vigorously, then wiped it, popped it in my unit and it worked! i also burned the disc to have a copy.

dont rub too hard and damage the disc any further though, if you dont have a car polish use brasso or a toothpaste with baking soda. However the car polish should work just fine, you will be amazed.

BEFORE TRYING THIS ON YOUR ORIGINAL DISC, TRY USING AN OLD DISC YOU DONT CARE FOR VERY MUCH BEFORE TO GET THE HANG OF IT!