AVIC411.com

A/C prob. while installing

I am installing my D3 today and i disconnected my a/c heater control out of my 05 Tahoe so i could get my hu out easier and now when i cut the air on it blows out hot air like the heaters on. The only thing i did was disconnect two plugs and then plugged them back up. Does anyone know anything about this, do i have to reprogram if it is disconnect. Please help ASAP

Could be totally different, but in my mustang (obviously not a GM vehicle as is yours) there are two plugs to reconnect the AC controls. On the plug that connects to the directional controls there is a small gray u-shaped piece on the back of the plug that must be slid entirely upward on the back of the plug; after the plug is connected to the dash piece. I know until that little clip was pushed ALL the way up I had hot AC. The speed controls worked, it was just uber hot. I'm sure your Tahoe is different, but it could be similar. (That little gray thing is also very fragile to all you mustang owners.)

The second picture, the more square plug, is practically identical to the plug that controls my fan speed. It is the other plug that has the clip on it in my car. The top pic is very similar to that plug in my car, only in the mustang it installs vertically. I would make sure that dark gray piece on the top side doesn't need to snug in somehow. Also inspect the plug to make sure no small plastic pieces snapped off when you unplugged it