AVIC411.com

z-1 back ground and warning messages (help a noobie out!)

Hey I just installed a z-1 in my 07 Ram mega cab. It already had the bluetooth update on it. I would like to find out how exactly to change my back ground and take off the warning message. I would like to put the background with the gir in bikini (I think it is the sexy pioneer girl) I know there is other forums about this but I dont think I totally understand how to do it. I am also having a problem with my phone connected to the bluetooth connection. The phone sees the unit but will not connect to it, do you think it is the phone or the unit?

Thanks for any help!

Wow, that's a lot of questions all stuck together in one paragraph.....

Hey I just installed a z-1 in my 07 Ram mega cab. It already had the bluetooth update on it.

Ok, nice....

I would like to find out how exactly to change my back ground

That's in the manual. If you don't have it, download it.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=351

Read it. It's all specified in there.

and take off the warning message.

You can't. Sorry.

I would like to put the background with the gir in bikini (I think it is the sexy pioneer girl) I know there is other forums about this but I dont think I totally understand how to do it.

You need to take a jpg which is in the proper size, either from someone else, or edit a picture you have to the correct size 500x240 rings a bell. You can use photoshop or the gimp, either one. Actually there are many more, but I like those.

Take that jpg file, and store it in a CD in a "pictures" folder. Make the names, simple 8.3 format if you can, just characters and numbers, no spaces or weird characters. Don't use the windows Os to do the burning, you can be running windows, but use a burning program, Nero or adaptec, but I like nero.

Then in the Z1's menu you can select the background for Nav functions and Av functions separately.

I am also having a problem with my phone connected to the bluetooth connection. The phone sees the unit but will not connect to it, do you think it is the phone or the unit?

Generally if there is a problem like this, try pairing it starting from the other device. If you put the Z1 into discovery mode and searched from the phone, try it the other way, put the phone into discovery mode and search from the Z1. If one way doesn't work try the other. Sometimes that helps. Also some bluetooth implementations don't work with this unit, there is a web site from pioneer talking about it. Your phone brand and model might be the problem.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2409

Thanks for any help!

Hope it helped.