AVIC411.com

VSS on a 1997 Jetta VR6

Ok so i looked up my car today, and it told me where to get it, the color, and it said 8000 next to it. Im guessing it goes up to 8000 rpm for the Speed sense? it' telling you how far it will read? what? looking for info? Also anyone hook up there VSS on a Jetta Vr6? where did you get it? again mine is a 97..but 98 99 2000 vr6 should be close..

thanks...Just looking for what you have come up with, and if there is something i am missing? cant hurt to ask!! right?

Also i did download my 70's set for the N1. And i did do the SOlder wire bypass... Im still going to hook up the Vss, cause i want it to be clear in tunnels..Might as well. Unless that wire i put in completely avoids checking the VSS. far as i knew i just said dont check it so the player can watch TV and change POI

This is what I have

Speed Sense WHITE/BLUE 8000 (AC) DRIV FIREWALL 3 WIRE PLUG FROM TRANSAXLE

The 8000 you don't have to worry about. It has to do with programming for an aftermarket cruise control. That's how many pulses per mile or something like that.

I don't understand the rest of your post so i'm just going to say...

The

Got ya on the puls, thought so, but wanted to ask..

The second part let me clear up...I have a avic, N1...I am parting back together...Just dl'ed the 70MPT disc. ANd i did the solder bypass to be able to use the point of intrest while driving, and be able to watch a DVD while driving. (also have the green wire at ground)

My question is does the solder bypass make the VSS wire useless, or does it just alow the brain to use these items while driving? I was also say that i want to use the VSS so i dont lose my maping while im in a tunnel..

Is that better? thanks for the second brain to work with!! mine shuts down sometimes.