AVIC411.com

Help glue on avic Z1 screen!!

Hey guys i just picked up a 3 month old Avic Z1 for only $700 last week and just installed it in my 03 G35 sedan. However i made a faceplate out of my old radio for security reasons (live in philadelphia PA) looks great, but i glued foam on the reverse side of the faceplate to protect the screen and the glue seeped through over night and onto the screen. I tryed cleaning it with an alcohol wipe but it just made it worse. any ideas what to do, i cant find a part number for the outer faceplate platic touchscreen. the other posibility is just to cut out the plastic cover (if possible) and expose the lcd screen, not sure if the touch screen will still function???

Thanks for any help

Doh' :)

The best way I know how to remove superglue is with nail polish remover (acetone). I would be very careful with this and try it on a small corner of the screen to make sure it isn't going to do more damage. Before using the acetone use warm soapy water to break it down. (That will do alot probably) If that does nothing for it, try goof off. Good luck, keep us posted.

**Not liable for any further damage** :)

Doh' :)

The best way I know how to remove superglue is with nail polish remover (acetone). I would be very careful with this and try it on a small corner of the screen to make sure it isn't going to do more damage. Before using the acetone use warm soapy water to break it down. (That will do alot probably) If that does nothing for it, try goof off. Good luck, keep us posted.

**Not liable for any further damage** :)

DON'T USE NAIL POLISH REMOVER. I tried that on a Touch Screen monitor for the Avic 80DVD. The chemicals in the Remover will go THRU the screen and cause the screen to malfunction. trust me it ain't pretty. I was lucky the guy who fixes avics had the same monitor a customer sold to him. Try to use GOO GONE or some non solvent type.

Good luck

ok ill try goo gone first, i think i can pull off the outer touchscreen / screen protector, looks like its cliped in with plastic tabs 2 on top and 3 on the bottom, i should probably remove this before i start cleaning it with chemicals. anyone know for sure if i can simply remove this?

ok ill try goo gone first, i think i can pull off the outer touchscreen / screen protector, looks like its cliped in with plastic tabs 2 on top and 3 on the bottom, i should probably remove this before i start cleaning it with chemicals. anyone know for sure if i can simply remove this?

That I do not know. But I myself always try to do things myself.

Sorry to here about your R6!! My boy has TL bu he parked that after Iwas spanking his ass in the back roads.

K

Cyanoacrylates only enemy is acetone. I'd be surprised if alcohol will release the bond. If it were me I'd give a non-acetone based nail polish remover a shot and see if that softens the glue enough to peel it off. If not I would add a minuscule amount to a cotton ball/q-tip and apply it only to the glue being careful not to let any run onto the screen. Just to give you an idea of what acetone does, we use it to clean our lab equipment and it will etch the heck out of Pyrex, so it will definitely ruin your screen. Once you soften the glue you might be able to peel it back/off with a blunt set of tweezers. Let us know how it turns out.