AVIC411.com

anyone with lexus/ toyota nav unit!!

i dont know why you would look on these forums but i recently bypassed a 2005 toyota land cruiser. it had the 6 disk dvd in the console but it would lock out video when the vehicle moved (through gps and park brake)

to easily make dvd while driving possible simply locate the "violet" wire in the same plug as the "red/white" wire. red.white is park brake simply cut and ground the nav side of the wire. the violet wire doesnt always look violet but it should be the only violet looking wire thats not wrapped with any other wires. with this wire simply cut and tape up both ends separatly.

as for nav while driving there is a service screen you can access that has an "override" button!!!

press the "menu" button on the dash then touch the volume button on the screen. once your at the volume menu touch the speaker icon in the top left side of screen then touch the bottom left of screen then top left and then bottom left again. theres no beeps or buttons to press but after a second the service menu will pop up . simply hold down the override button until it beeps and you can navigate and bluetooth dial all you want while drivng!!. unfortunately this only works till you shut the ign off:(

anyways hope this is helpfull to someone i just felt like sharing the info ive found over the last few days of searching peace

lol no prob dude. i think im going to charge 100 bucks per car i do this on so dont spread the info tooo far

i was sooo happy when i got the dvd lock out to work!!

the plug u need is attached to the "screen" part of the unit as the one i did was 3 parts audio deck, screen, and nav box under pass seat. this should work on most all the indash navs from toyo and lexus. if confused check out the lexus forums.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...