AVIC411.com

Handling large .mp3 file

Hi,

I want to be able to "mark" a single large .mp3 file which is converted to .cda then ripped by the AVIC to its hard drive. I want to be able to set an interval of 5 minutes, so that a single track of 70 minutes can be skipped forward by 5 minute increments by using the next track button on the AVIC.

Hopefully that makes sense :shock:

I am using Cool Edit Pro.

I can cut the file into 5 minute mp3 files and "create" an album, but I really want to be able to "tag" the .mp3 so that it is still a single file but have the AVIC recognize the tags so I can quickly fast forward through the music track.

Hopefully all this gibberish makes sense and someone can give me a heads up on the best way to achieve this result.

Thanks.

Hi,

I want to be able to "mark" a single large .mp3 file which is converted to .cda then ripped by the AVIC to its hard drive. I want to be able to set an interval of 5 minutes, so that a single track of 70 minutes can be skipped forward by 5 minute increments by using the next track button on the AVIC.

Hopefully that makes sense :shock:

I am using Cool Edit Pro.

I can cut the file into 5 minute mp3 files and "create" an album, but I really want to be able to "tag" the .mp3 so that it is still a single file but have the AVIC recognize the tags so I can quickly fast forward through the music track.

Hopefully all this gibberish makes sense and someone can give me a heads up on the best way to achieve this result.

Thanks.

Remove 2-second gaps between songs when burning the CD.

Sorry, probably didn't explain properly on my initial post.

There is only one .mp3 (which is converted to .cda) per album when burnt with Nero. The song is 65 minutes long, so currently on the AVIC-HD3BT the only way to skip forward is to press the fast forward icon on the screen. I want to be able to setup 5 minute increments (like tags, etc) so when I touch the next track icon it skips forward 5 minutes in the same song.

As I said I am using Cool Edit Pro 2.1, so if anyone can help me with this it would be great.

Thanks,

Geoff.

Sorry, probably didn't explain properly on my initial post.

There is only one .mp3 (which is converted to .cda) per album when burnt with Nero. The song is 65 minutes long, so currently on the AVIC-HD3BT the only way to skip forward is to press the fast forward icon on the screen. I want to be able to setup 5 minute increments (like tags, etc) so when I touch the next track icon it skips forward 5 minutes in the same song.

As I said I am using Cool Edit Pro 2.1, so if anyone can help me with this it would be great.

Thanks,

Geoff.

I think you can cut your big mp3 file into 5-min chunks, then burn the CD with the 2 second gap removed.

Thanks guys, got it sorted.

I am using .cue files and burning to a cd using nero. I still have to cut the 2 hour long .mp3 into sub 74 minute chunks, but after that the .cue file breaks the .mp3 into an ordinary style multi track cd which the AVIC rips perfectly. The .cue file gives the AVIC the album, song titles, song artists, the lot.

Really happy with this solution, just took a bit of research on google to find that solution :D