AVIC411.com

As of August 5th, XM Satellite Radio has upgraded their sound quality using an upgraded audio processor. This comes directly as a result of our partnership with Neural Audio. They say this was strictly for sound quality, and no major compression or bandwith-gains were experienced.

The attached bulletin has two parts:

1) an overall statement regarding the Sound Quality upgrades and

2) basic Q&A.

post-1052-1287275285913_thumb.gif

i honestly noticed it sounds more fuller.

The clear channel stations still suck. Go from channel 24 to channel 25 and see how much better channel 25 sounds. I cant wait for clear channel to take a hike and their commercial stations with them.

The clear channel stations still suck. Go from channel 24 to channel 25 and see how much better channel 25 sounds. I cant wait for clear channel to take a hike and their commercial stations with them.

I'll have to try that when I get to the car.Thanks for the info.You would think that XM would have emailed us or put a notice on their web site but I guess they knew that you would get the word out. :)

According to xm411, some people did get emailed. I dont get how XM does things anymore. I used to get the weekly email with all the upcoming specials that week, but then it stopped. Out of the blue last week I got the email! But others have been getting the emails all along.

According to xm411, some people did get emailed. I dont get how XM does things anymore. I used to get the weekly email with all the upcoming specials that week, but then it stopped. Out of the blue last week I got the email! But others have been getting the emails all along.

HOLY CRAP XM MAN ! I didn't even know there was an XM411 site. Looks great too. After Jasons AVIC411.com it could become my next favorite place to visit.

HOLY CRAP XM MAN ! I didn't even know there was an XM411 site. Looks great too. After Jasons AVIC411.com it could become my next favorite place to visit.

LOL Very nice site. And if you ever look to purchase anything XM related, the owner of xm411 also runs a store called www.myradiostore.com

They are XM authorized, ship extremely fast, and have great customer service.

I'll have to try that when I get to the car.Thanks for the info.You would think that XM would have emailed us or put a notice on their web site but I guess they knew that you would get the word out. :)

Channel 25 definitely sounds better than 24 . So I was sure I wasn't just wishing it was better I asked my wife to listen to 3 stations and tell me if she noticed anything without telling her about XM's sound improvments. Then I switched between 23 24 & 25 a few times. She said that something is wrong with 24. Thanks XM good job.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, I have had XM for over two years now, have always loved it and will not be letting go anytime soon. However, just purchasing a new truck that came with a year free of Sirius I decided that I spend enough time in my truck to get em both. Now I will agree that XM has handsdown a WAY better interface on the D3, but I was completely blown away by the sound quality of Sirius. I mean its like night and day... I always thought XM sounded good, and compared to terrestrial radio it does, but IMO Sirius has the superior sound quality. Anyone else notice this, or is it just me.