AVIC411.com

Avic D3 low volume issue

Hey all,

I installed my avic d3, bypassed it using the one sticky on here, and am having an issue. I can BARELY hear sound out of the speakers when the volume is all the way up. It's extremely quiet. This one baffles me? Did I do something wrong? I'm getting sound, it is just basically inaudible.

Thanks in advance!

caleb

what sources are quiet? just dvd? or is it all of the speakers.

the d3 does have a weak audio processor but ive found its adequate even with subs in the trunk.

you can turn up the sla to +4

and also turning on the staging makes it very loud but it also adds alot of bass which door speakers usually cant handle

Okay, would it have anything to do with the blue/white wire not being used? Does the amp built into the avic D3 get it's power from this wire? Right now it is not hooked up.

After talking to some friends, they seem to think it could be because the sound is not being amplified- it is coming out very faintly only when the volume is up all the way.

was that confusing?

Any help is greatly appreciated- I know I am a noob boob.

caleb

Hi all,

GOOD NEWS! I decided to just run it (45 minutes away) to Circuit City, and within 3 minutes of looking at it together, we figured it out. Turns out the guy that I bought it from did something funky with the harness and that's why it wasn't coming through. He rigged it for his system and didn't care to mention that to me. Thanks, PAL.

:evil:

Oh well. It works, and it's vedy vedy nice. I didn't realized the GPS was going to be so cool.

:shock:

Thanks for everyones input!!!

Caleb