AVIC411.com

Install Pictures - Z2 in a Mazda CX-7 - Custom Dash Kit

That looks....OEM! Nice! Question, does the rear view camera engage immediately even before the Z1 finishes booting up?

I ask because, when I pull out of the garage in Reverse, the Z1/Z2 is still booting up.

Does the unit need to be fully booted in order for the rear camera to work?

That looks....OEM! Nice! Question, does the rear view camera engage immediately even before the Z1 finishes booting up?

I ask because, when I pull out of the garage in Reverse, the Z1/Z2 is still booting up.

Does the unit need to be fully booted in order for the rear camera to work?

On my Z1 the system does not have to fully boot for the camera to work.

By the way the install looks great.

Well, I do usually let the car warm up at least 60 seconds before I throw it into reverse, BUT whether I have or not, the reverse camera always works. I've never had the bootup screen prevent it from working.

I also hear audio almost immediately, while the Z2 is still booting up.

Thanks for your compliments on the install! I'm very happy with how it looks and the fact it looks OEM... that was the goal.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have to post some pics etc, but I was inspired by CX Rabbit and got the Z2 for my CX7. There is no harness for the CX7 with the BOSE, but I did get the dash kit. Looks great.

Terry

My installered rewired the whole car to keep the Bose speakers in and it sounds great. I may eventually go for amp and speakers, but didn't want to do that at the time, and I've been pretty darn happy with how it sounds.

The map view it looks awsome. I guess those are the new Z2 maps?

The instalation looks beautiful, very original

Thanks... that map is what it looks like when you're in a major city... You get a 3D type map for metropolitan areas like NYC, Washington DC, Tampa... I've seen them all work and it's awesome. I wish ALL the maps were like that :)

If I'm not mistakened, that is an OEM dash with the OEM Nav removed and replaced with the Avic?

The aftermarket dash kit only has an opening for the hazard button in top center.

You are correct. My installer took apart the NAV radio to do this... he took the whole face plate off and detached it from the HU to make the custom dash kit. I could not be more pleased become it looks much closer to OEM. He did an AWESOME job.