AVIC411.com

HELP rear camera very blurry

it doesnt look blurry to me. It looks like it is some sort of static or interference. What kind of camera did you buy? Are the wires that came with it properly insulated? Where did you tap into for power? Perhaps you just got a bum camera. Just a few ideas.

Mine looked just like that and after several hours the installer located a pin in the rear view cable that goes into the back of the head unit had pushed out a little bit. He pushed the wire back in and it now works fine. He located it by having the rear view camera on and reaching behind the head unit wiggling the wires. Thats why sometimes it would work depending on the bump I would hit would cause the wire to make contact.

• 9 months later...

I have been reading these post trying to fix this problem. I had the same problem as sha. It turned out to be the same problem as lee roberts, a black wire going into the head unit was completely loose, after reading this post wasnt very hard to find, fixing i however was. it is something like a 24 gauge standed wire, and putting it back in the connector was no easy task. but I got it back in there, problem solved thanks guys.