AVIC411.com

Am I being bullspitted? "Blue-Line" D3..?

Guys, I am new here so be gentle...lol. I already got scammed once trying to put in a couple of amps in my 06 Civic and am looking for a reputable shop/installer in the NYC area. I don't want to get burned again.

I passed by a decent looking shop today and spoke to a gentleman who seemed knowledgeable, but a few things he said left me with a puzzled look.

One, he claimed that there is a "blue-line" model of D3's that come factory unlocked (I thought that this was BS right away) and that if I went elsewhere, I might get a bypass-locked version of the D3 and he'd have to do some tricks to get it to work. Because he had the blue-line model of D3's, his cost was $1.250 instead of $899 or so at circuit city.

Two, he also priced me very high for parts ($125 dollars for the double-din adapter for my civic; I can purchase the adapter direct from Honda for $54.)

Also he added extra for wiring which he snuck in while I was talking with him. He originally said one price, then added $100 nonchalantly for everything. I was puzzled for a moment as to where the extra $100 came from, then he said wiring after I questioned him. He tried to sneak it in while thinking I wouldn't ask about it.

He did have a very decent installation fee of $125, which I thought offset some of the BS prices, but I don't feel comfortable with him, so I wont go.

Does anyone know anything about this so-called blue-line Pioneer line, or is it BS? I understand people need to make money, but his whole attitude was bullshit...lol.

Any respectable installers in the NYC area? I am willing to travel a bit if I have to, I need the Pioneer installed w/bypass + 2 front door speakers installed (I blew them out) and possibly some tweeters I have hanging loose on my rear deck, mounted somehow...lol...but it's not a mess by any means.

Thanks for any input.

I would say complete and utter bullshit!! There would be no reason for Pio to release an unlocked unit. They know we know how to bypass them. It is highly speculated on here that they "leaked" the info to bypass the units in the first place. I think its safe to say your installer was simply going to sell you the same D3 you could buy anywhere and just do the bypass the same way we all have with ours. He was just going to charge you a rip off amount to do it. I would never go back to him. Also, if you would, release the name of the shop so the rest of the people in that area will know to STAY AWAY!!!

1. yes he is bsing you big time

2. if you need an installer i can hook you up with a guy. its not a shop. this guy rents out a small garage where he does his award-winning work. he has some trophies and shit. thats how i knew he was legit. he only charged me 200 for labor and parts on my d2 install. he can even fabricate some parts on his own. (for ex. he fabricated the harness for me since GM wanted like $80 for one that was on backorder). point is, i highly recommend this guy and if you want him i could give you the number to setup an appointment. he's located in the sheepshead bay area of brooklyn

misfit's in the NJ area I think and a board member. you could try him. this guy's bs'ing. there's no blue line D3.

ask him to point it out on pioneer's website for you. or ask to see some catalogs. that'll put him on the spot.

Thanks for the input guys...I knew he was somewhat FOS and I didn't stay there to argue very long. I kinda know how he feels, but I really don't want to get burned again.

I am definitely going to shop around for an installer from these forums. I am ready to go and buy all the parts, I just need to find someone with some time, and some patience to answer just a couple of questions. :)

I really want to get this done sometime this weekend, maybe I'll start the PM's to some of the guys you recommend.

dont know if this helps but i have an 07 civic si so ive been doing some shopping too. Buy all the parts yourself. seriously, the OEM double din and all else will be much cheaper and look better than the scorsch(or however u spell it).

only other thing is if u have the EX model or SI with sterring wheel control is to buy the module if u want it to continue to work

Yeah that's complete BS. What's especially sad is that it's actually easier to install a D3 with the bypass than to install it the "correct" way (no need to locate the emergency brake wire) so logically an installer should charge you less for a bypassed D3 install than a normal install.

dont know if this helps but i have an 07 civic si so ive been doing some shopping too. Buy all the parts yourself. seriously, the OEM double din and all else will be much cheaper and look better than the scorsch(or however u spell it).

only other thing is if u have the EX model or SI with sterring wheel control is to buy the module if u want it to continue to work

Yeah, the scosche kit looks terrible. I also seen some other kit, and it looks even worse than the scosche. I have an LX model and don't have the steering wheel controls, so that isn't an issue. I have been talking with MisFit in PM and he seems pretty reasonable with prices. I can't wait to set up something with him.

We had the scosche kit and it was a perfect match in our 07 civic lx. We just traded it in and I took the kit out. The LX also doesn't have steering wheel controls, but i purchased them from Honda and was able to install them and connect them to a pacaudio SWI-PS adapter. With it installed I could control the D3 with the Honda steering wheel controls. I still have the parts handy if you need them. Tan scosche kit, swi-ps & honda EX steering wheel controls. PM me.

dude the blue line d3 which I have has a stripper that comes out and dances for me when ever i touch my nose!

I hope you never get pulled over for a sobriety test, because that's going to freak out the arresting officer when he asks you to close your eyes and touch your nose!

dude the blue line d3 which I have has a stripper that comes out and dances for me when ever i touch my nose!

I hope you never get pulled over for a sobriety test, because that's going to freak out the arresting officer when he asks you to close your eyes and touch your nose!

But it might let him get away without a ticket. 8)