AVIC411.com

Question for those who have upgraded their HDs

Has anyone who upgraded their HD to a 40GB experienced the dreaded lock up on boot? My unit has started doing it lately and was wondering if it was a function of the HD or the internal heat sensors of the unit.

Upgrading the HD may be easier than sending the unit back only to get the NTF designation and sent back to me.

Thanks

Jason

ya and the problem with toshiba is the 40g unit that you really want is not avalible and the 40g toshiba thats like ours will most certainly have the same failure rate.

bud its definatly the HD get a T8 and the next time your unit freezes and wont start hold it in front of your ac vent till its cool, its going to be really hot at first. when its cool pop it back in and your unit will boot perfect.

MK4036GAC has a higher temp [85C] over the GACE [the one were stuck with] wich i can find on ebay so far the GAC is only found in a few spots in europe if they even have them in stock, theres a few other websites that cant find the GAC. lol i hope you can prove me wrong then we all win :) as far as the GAX yes it works but the temp threshold is so low it wont help with my freezing issues.

bridge4d found a promising HD with a 85C threshold id like to see if that one causes issues

http://www.techforless.com/cgi-bin/tech ... oogle_base