AVIC411.com

Newbie with a story and needing advice

New to the site, but have had Pioneer hardware in my last three cars. This place is amazing.

Anyway, it is time to buy a new stereo. In October some Asshat tried to steal my truck('02 ram), after they sucked it and broke a screwdriver trying to punch the driver lock they just broke a window and set off the alarm. I did not listen to my keys, and to make a long story short they ripped out the 6400cd and avic 9n. Best part is they ripped the face of the avic, so it would not be reusable anyway. Needless to say, the only thing the Newark PD caught that day was a cold.

I has been almost a year without a radio and it is time to fill that gaping hole in the dashboard. I have looked at both the D3 and the Z2 and like them both. I was wondering if anyone here had preferences. Was also curious if anyone had played with the a2dp and avrcp( audio distribution and control) on the D3.

Also looking for a good place to get the hardware and get the install done in NJ.

Thanks for the patience

Will

After reading here a bit I am starting to think that the D3 might be the way to go. A good number of people keep mentioning the Z2 hard drive issue(heat/defective). Even though I hate playing disc shuffle, might go the simpler route. How is the voice recognition on the Z2? On my old system it sucked, maybe it has improved?

Thanks for the welcome, I am sure you will "see" me around.

Will

My husband just got the Z2 and I just got the D3. We both like our own best.

I would like the bigger screen. And I didn't play with the voice recognition much on his. But other than that, I'm happy with the D3.

I play my ipod 99% of the time, so it's no big deal to me to have the nav disc in all the time. I don't need another (small) hard drive of music to try to manage (besides my iphone, ipod, laptop, big home external, small travel external).