AVIC411.com

AVIC HD3BT (Z2) - Problem with pause between tracks..

Hi,

I have ripped a store bought cd to the hard drive. Even though it has about a dozen tracks they have no time delay between these tracks as it is a live recording of a concert.

When I play it back from the hard drive I get a distinct pause (1 or 2 seconds) while the AVIC picks the next track.

Is this normal? I thought it should jump straight to the next track with no delay as per the cd it ripped the music from..

i think its because of gracenote. im probably wrong but i had a steve miller song the first song on book of dreams its busted up into 2 tracks but really its one song. at the end of or should i say transition into the next song i get the delay i thnk gracenote is just filing it as 2 tracks hence the delay.

I can understand if there was a gap on my CD (which is store bought), but there are no gaps between the tracks. I just thought the AVIC would recognise that there are no gaps and play the album correctly.

The only way to play the cd properly (it seems) is to record it as one mp3, reburn to .cda format and then rip the burnt cd to the AVIC. Unfortunately I will not then be able to skip between tracks, etc.