AVIC411.com

1999 F350 PSD VSS wire location

Hello all I just recently bought a avic-n2 unit and was wondering where the vss wire would be located on my 1999 F350 Diesel. It does not have the speed controlled volume function as far as I know. So I don't believe it would be in the radio harness. Also I read in the manual that ford vehicle's vss signal isn't strong enough for the avic units and require a booster accessory is that true and where can I get it at. I would like to start installation of my nav system asap. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For the PSD, it is pin 58 at the PCM (Grey/Black). If you have the Overhead console, you can grab it at the passenger kick panel. It is Pin 10 there (same color). It is also in the GEM on pin 18 right behind the fuse panel. I'd imagine it would be easiest to take a 10mm socket and remove the connector on the back of the fuse panel and tap into one of the GY/Bk wires (pins 21, 22, or 14). They are all the same VSS signal.

I have a 2004 with a n3 in it and have no problems with the speed pulse.

Reverse Light black/pink + relay box under hood

Speed Sense gray/black PCM

The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is located on the driver side of the firewall

or

Speed Sense GRAY/BLACK (AC) POS #3 OF EEC IV MODULE DRIVE,FIREWALL

ford speed pulses are fine. you dont need to add anything extra to an older vehicle