AVIC411.com

Many posts have complained about the poor voice dialing with the Z1. A related problem is the lack of voice dialing using Names in the Phone Book.

A solution is to load your numbers instead into the Address Book and dial with the Call command and the Name associated with the address. The Address Book will store 400 listings, and I've found that you can use a common/shared address to speed loading of family members and co-workers.

For instance, I added my wife's cell phone selecting Home as the Location from the Recently Navigated list. Also added my son using the same approach. I did enter her office location and number separately under a different name, but I had to enter the Location using the sorry keyboard.

All of the desks at my office were added under Office, which is my Favorite Location (go figure). Once you select the Location from the Recently Navigated list, that Location moves to the top of the Recently Navigated list, which makes loading the next entry easier.

I have dozens entered already and have called many. The Z1 never failed to recognize the two-word voice command, Call xxxxxx.

Building the Address Book takes longer to set up than using Bluetooth to upload your contact list. But using the Address Book is a bullet-proof solution that significantly improves voice dialing on the Z1.