AVIC411.com

Problem with PAC SWI-PS and D3

Hi all,

I have had my PAC SWI-PS and D3 installed for about 3-4 months now without problem...

However, just recently I have been noticing some odd behavior with the steering wheel controls...

My 03 Lincoln Aviator has VOL UP and DOWN, TRACK FORWARD, and SOURCE button on the steering wheel...

Recently, the VOL UP and DOWN will not work... TRACK FORWARD and MEDIA work but not VOL...

Or, sometimes I will press TRACK FORWARD and the D3 will "beep" as if it recognizes a button has been pressed but nothing will happen...

Or, sometimes I will press TRACK FORWARD and the D3 will FAST FORWARD through the song instead of advancing to the next song...

Any ideas???

I am kind of ruling out a loose wire since it seems to always have power and some form of control over the head unit...

Sounds like I might just have to re-program the PAC SWI-PS...

But, wanted to get opinions first and maybe if someone knows why this happens or if this is a common thing or a faulty unit...

Thanks,

Mark

• 4 months later...
Guest astrobill

My installer ended up using the CANPULSE4 and CAN45PIO steering wheel adapter. Everything works well except there's no "AV Mode" control --- I have to use the AVIC push-button to swtich among AV sources (e.g., XM, Radio, etc.,).

They say the PAC SWI-CAN + SWI-PS combination is more flexible and works better.