AVIC411.com

I posted this in another location but I think it is better suited for this thread.

I am still having trouble finding the BCM board and I am feeling pretty stupid. I know that it is under the steering wheel. I pulled the bottom dash cover off and the only thing I can find is a straight board with 5 connectors on it not the six that everyone is talking about so it must be somewhere else.

Also one person has told me the connector is Black and another said it was purple. Which one is it?

As I said before the engine light came on it is because I hooked up the reverse wire to the wrong wire. When I unhooked it the light stays on. Do I have to take the truck in to have someone turn the light off or do you think something else is hooked up wrong. I am using a PAC OS-2Bose so there is not much that can go wrong. I hooked up the speed wire to the harness that hooks to the instrument panel on the A4 Wire.

What do you all think?

the bcm is the box you are looking at, the 6th plug you are looking for is on the bottom of the bcm mod next to the black air duct in the same spot. as for the check eng light try disconnecting the battery pos lead for a couple of minutes then reconnect it. this will usually do away with ant trouble codes stored. good luck

I can only guess you are looking for the reverse wire? Far right bcm plug, three maybe four wire conn. lt.green wire, slightly bigger than the rest, or it is in the big loom under the truck that runs to the rear, as well as the rear lamps. If you have the compass mirror, you can usually find the green wire at the mirror or in the wiring in the pillar on the drivers side as well. Depending on what code you tripped, may need to have the dealer clear it, but try the neg term removal on the batt first.

Thanks I found everything. I had to go to 3 autozones and a pepboys utill I found a store that there computer worked. Some how I tripped the glow plug wire so we cleared it and everything is great.

For the illum. I tied into the dimmer switch on the dash. I always leave it on full brightness so I think I will be fine.