AVIC411.com

Splash/AV/Nav backgrounds on a D3

Total newb here. Just got my D3 installed (finished) yesterday. I successfully put up some custom backgrounds. Do I have this straight?

Splash - Shows up only when you start the car/system

AV - Shows up behind the controls for whatever you have chosen as your AV at the time. I only really use my ipod, and I clicked 'hide' so I see basically the whole pic. Without clicking hide, you just see the right half of the screen and then the 'record' pic on the left with all the info on what's playing. I'm guessing this is the same when other sources are chosen too.

Nav - This is the one that I don't see where you'll actually get to see it. I see it behind the nav menus, but is there ever a time where you'll actually get to see the pic without buttons all over it?

Thanks to all the help here. I wouldn't have been able to do this (or make the decision to buy it and know how it'll work with my iphone) without this place.

A tip that I didn't come across when making my backgrounds...I was using Photoshop Elements (on a mac) and I was doing everything correctly, the unit would see my pics when I inserted the disc, but I was getting a data error. I RTFM and found that it wouldn't read 'progressive' jpegs, which was the default for PS. I changed to 'baseline optimized' and I was good!