AVIC411.com

Any one using a pe-swican with their pe-swips?

ive got 2 cars doing the same thing. these stupid can bus adapters keep losing programing. it happens maybe once or twice a month. 05 300c and 06 megacab. both cars have full audio systems so the only interface i got was the steering wheel. in the instructions it shows how the pe-swican plugs strait into a chy05. (an adapter that integrates boston system as well as reads vss, rev, and ilumination off of canbuss) it clearly says that if you arent using the chy05 then power ground and 2 canbus wires can be wired at the deck.

ive been in contact with peripheral over the past couple days and guess what they suggest? buy the chy05

f that. im not going to spend another 100 bucks for a plug that "helps" my already 200 dollars in steering wheel interfaces work. i wrote back to him that if this is the only info they can give me than i guess i will have to install them both where i can reach them without taking the dashes apart.

to which he replied "GOOD LUCK"

fuck peripheral.

the pe- line is great but the can-bus adapter is a goddamn patch job. to anyone witha new chrysler dont buy peripheral interfaces.

any one else have these probs?

heres one for you-

just had a customer with an 07 mega-cab that i installed everything into, including a chyah05 and a canbus swi. after 3 days, his guages would "ding" reset to zero, wait 5 seconds then come back to life. i replaced both modules, and everything is fine. maybe that dodge's canbus is not happy with aftermarket :evil: or these interfaces are crap :twisted: either way, dodge is a pain.