AVIC411.com

DISPLAY PALM TREO 600 650 680 700P ON Z1-Z2 CHEAP CARPUTER!!

Everyone,

I've found a route to display your Palm only Treo on your Z1 & Z2.

It will cost you a couple of hundred dollars but since I live in my car I need E-mail and Google maps among other stuff, its great to display this.

1. You need to find a copy of Margi Presenter to go for Secure Digital cards. It can be found on Ebay, amazon, and there are craigslist copies as well. Price$80.00-$150.00

2. You need a PC to TV converter (Frys electronics) $80.00

3. You need to go to Margi.com and go to support and download the mirror palm software to be loaded on your treo 600,650,680, 700 Palm version only.

4. You need a power source for your Treo in your vehicle, and for the PC to TV converter. (I used my usb cable coming out the back of my AVIC Z1)

5. You then need to calibrate your Avic z1 or Z2 to accept the incoming video Yellow plug from your Z1 to the PC to Tv converter. Then set the PC to TV converter for Ycrb, and hit the reset button. You also need to hook up a yellow video in cable to your Avic and have it go to the Yellow plug on the PC to TV converter.

6. On your treo you need to set Margi for 1024X setting, and 80 updates on the calibration screen.

7. You will also need a copy of the Palm program called "Always On" since

if your screen turns off, it turns the off the Margi Presenter to go program. Always On allows you to set the on off timer for your Treo Screen.

Also you can still hook up bluetooth and use your contacts and call log directory to make calls and route them through the Blue tooth ND BT1 in your Avic.

There are copies of Margi presenter to go for Pocket PC devices and handspring devices and Sony Clie devices but I havent tested them out.

For a total of about $200 - 300 dollars you have mobile carputer from your treo to AVIC screen. Just hit your AV button and then turn on the Margi presenter to go mirror program on your treo and the power button on the Pc to TV converter, and you can look at E-mail, Google Maps, text messages, surf the internet, etc.

Here are some screen shots: sequoiatreocarputer093ju2.jpg

sequoiatreocarputer088vg3.jpg

sequoiatreocarputer094fr9.jpg

sequoiatreocarputer095gy4.jpg

sequoiatreocarputer096ne4.jpg

sequoiatreocarputer097vb7.jpg

sequoiatreocarputer078nl5.jpg

sequoiatreocarputer104yj2.jpg