AVIC411.com

How long does Pioneer take to repair and how do get my own

Couple of questions that the answers are hear scattered I searched please help me any way.

My hard drive is acting up and gets stuck at the pioneer screen at start up. I called Pioneer and they want me to send it in for repair under warranty. I did the service test and the drive comes up NG.

1. How long should it take them to send it back.

2. Is there a available unlocked hd IMG that I can just burn on to a new drive.

3. where can I purchase the correct hd directly.

I want to have a spare if the problem happens again. I rather not send it in for warranty cant deal with the hole in the dash and the down time.

Thanks in advance.

Depends how close you are to So. Cal or Ohio repair centers. I have seen them go in and out of repair in a few days, plus the shipping in each direction. (I have seen them take much longer too, but you would think with such a common problem they would have an inventory of new HDs)

Thanks just what I was looking for any body no the return time from pioneer

well in that case Id rather swap the drive my self its still under warranty but the huge hole in my new Magnum HEMI makes me want to cry.

Also as soon as I put the drive in it will be locked again, so its a one time deal unless I do the unlock thing which I have not studied yet. Correct?