AVIC411.com

AVIC N2 - Just the left front speaker drifts in and out

The avic is 2 years old and has had the same speakers right from the beginning. The left front speaker works then doesn't with no known reason. Returned it to Circuit City and they checked the speaker and then sent my head unit to Pioneer. Got it back...still same problem. These CC people don't seem to know a whole lot about this product. Any hints I could give them??

sounds like a speaker with a bad voice coil. when the voice coil is going bad a spkr will work on and off. It would not be a shorted spkr wire because that would cause the unit to go into protect mode. did cc use a test spkr or use a meter to make sure that wiring and signal are good to the spkr? probably just said look its working.

i agree. although i would recomend AGAINST cc doing any real troubleshooting (no offence to those that work for cc and bb). a specialty store will more than likely be able to troubleshoot your problem quickly, and provide you with excellent repair/replacement options.

to put your mind more at ease, ask the sales and installation manager at cc how many years he/she has been installing, then ask your local retailers install manager the same question. being a good troubleshooter requires many years of experiance, and i doubt most at cc and bb have that. ask me, and i will tell you 20 years this november.

that said, have your front speakers looked at.