AVIC411.com

Avic N3 with XM Radio and CD-IBIOO ii wont play together

I just installed the CD-IB100ii ipod unit to my existing Avic N3 with XM radio. I plugged the IP-Bus cables correctly into the XM radio unit but when I start the N3, neither unit will show up as a source.

If I unplug the power to the CD-IB100ii, then the XM unit will show back up again in my sources. This has been driving me crazy all day. I was able to get it to work temporarily, but now it won't unless one is unplugged.

Could it be a power issue? I tapped in to the same power cable that powers the XM unit. A grounding issue maybe??? I even reset everything but still no dice. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

wussup mark! i would start from scratch and do it all over again. you must have a loose connection somewhere if you're ip-cables are plugged in correctly. check the fuse holders on each adapter to see if they were accidentally blown. use a test light if you can and recheck the grounds. good luck.