AVIC411.com

Where did you buy your z1?

I have been reading this forum for about a month now, saving up the funds for my z1. I have a Scion xA, and i can't wait. Anyway, I have read a few people that bought from some places, but I am curious where you all bought your z1's and how much you paid for them.

Thanks for all the help so far.
do not buy from mytaxfree.com although they have the cheapest z1 shipped anywhere(i paid under 1500. for mine shipped) but they also take the longest...almost 3weeks. some ppl like 6thave.com i shoulda bought from them cuz of the sic deals u get on periferals
[quote name="raddd"]do not buy from mytaxfree.com although they have the cheapest z1 shipped anywhere(i paid under 1500. for mine shipped) but they also take the longest...almost 3weeks. some ppl like 6thave.com i shoulda bought from them cuz of the sic deals u get on periferals[/quote]

I bought from Mytaxfree.com too. I see a lot of people complaining about them, but I recieved my order in 4 business days - maybe I got lucky. The day after I placed my order, I called to confirm and was told I would have it in hand on the 28th. Sure enough, fedex delivered on the 28th.

If I had to do it all over again, I would order from 6th Avenue though. They have brick and mortar stores in New Jersey, one of which is on my way to work and I have always gotten a great deal every time I shop with them.

edit: Forgot to include price. I got the unit for 1459.12 and the GEXP- 10XMT XM NavTraffic tuner for another 200. There was no sales tax. I know I could have done better on the peripherals from 6th ave, but taking sales tax into consideration, its probably a wash anyway.
I bought mine from savinglots.com. They were one of the first to pop up in the Froogle (Google) search engine. I got on their "let me know when it arrives" mailing list and ordered it within a couple of days of the email arriving. I paid $2078 (shipped) for the Z1, the ND-BT1 bluetooth adapter, and the GEX-P10XMT XMradio adapter. It turned out that the ND-BT1 wasn't initially available. There were widespread shortages from Pioneer. Anyway, I received the "it's here" email from SLDC on April 7, and finally received it on April 25. I then waited a few more weeks and finally cancelled the ND-BT1 line item. They refunded their $110 item for that charge.

In between the order placement and the final delivery came the WEASELLING. First there was a delay "due to a religious holiday" in NYC. Then I had to stay on them by phone to get the order to (finally) ship. Despite, their website noise about customer service, etc., they often don't answer their phones and let calls roll to an answering machine. They have NEVER EVER responded to an email. That may turn out to be a good thing.
Last week, long after cancelling the ND-BT1 line item AND having received the $110 refund to my credit card, the adapter SHOWED UP! :)
The (UPS ground) delivery date for the Z1 and the XMradio adapter was April 25, nearly three weeks after the "it's here" email.

I thought about it for a few minutes, and finally sent them another email describing this situation. Despite all the hassle, I'm just not a ripoff artist. If they want to charge the $110 BACK to my credit card, fine. Naturally, they haven't responded to THIS email either. :D Well, I'm not going to CHASE them any further.

Bottom line: SLDC did in fact deliver the items ordered at a reasonable price. The "customer service" really isn't worth a damn and they did make up stories (different from person to person) several times during the process. Will I order anything else from them in the future? No.

HOWEVER, if you see something you want from them at a low price AND you're not in a huge hurry, you can run the risk. I'd recommend CALLING first to make sure that the item is REALLY available for immediate shipment though. Best times to try calling are in the mornings or late afternoon, their time. Good luck.
[quote name="jkd"]I bought mine from savinglots.com. They were one of the first to pop up in the Froogle (Google) search engine. I got on their "let me know when it arrives" mailing list and ordered it within a couple of days of the email arriving. I paid $2078 (shipped) for the Z1, the ND-BT1 bluetooth adapter, and the GEX-P10XMT XMradio adapter. It turned out that the ND-BT1 wasn't initially available. There were widespread shortages from Pioneer. Anyway, I received the "it's here" email from SLDC on April 7, and finally received it on April 25. I then waited a few more weeks and finally cancelled the ND-BT1 line item. They refunded their $110 item for that charge.

In between the order placement and the final delivery came the WEASELLING. First there was a delay "due to a religious holiday" in NYC. Then I had to stay on them by phone to get the order to (finally) ship. Despite, their website noise about customer service, etc., they often don't answer their phones and let calls roll to an answering machine. They have NEVER EVER responded to an email. That may turn out to be a good thing.
Last week, long after cancelling the ND-BT1 line item AND having received the $110 refund to my credit card, the adapter SHOWED UP! :)
The (UPS ground) delivery date for the Z1 and the XMradio adapter was April 25, nearly three weeks after the "it's here" email.

I thought about it for a few minutes, and finally sent them another email describing this situation. Despite all the hassle, I'm just not a ripoff artist. If they want to charge the $110 BACK to my credit card, fine. Naturally, they haven't responded to THIS email either. :D Well, I'm not going to CHASE them any further.

Bottom line: SLDC did in fact deliver the items ordered at a reasonable price. The "customer service" really isn't worth a damn and they did make up stories (different from person to person) several times during the process. Will I order anything else from them in the future? No.

HOWEVER, if you see something you want from them at a low price AND you're not in a huge hurry, you can run the risk. I'd recommend CALLING first to make sure that the item is REALLY available for immediate shipment though. Best times to try calling are in the mornings or late afternoon, their time. Good luck.[/quote]

Hey jkd, I'm also from the Bay Area (San Jose) :)

Where did you get your Z1 installed? I'm looking for a good place in the South Bay to install my Z1...
>Hey jkd, I'm also from the Bay Area (San Jose) :)
>
>Where did you get your Z1 installed? I'm looking for a good place in the >South Bay to install my Z1..

I'm going to have mine installed by "Audio Images" in Burlingame. I had them do alarm installs in a couple of othere cars and those came out OK. Also, they're a "The Fast & The Furious" -type shop. I'll let you know how the install turns out. They've supposedly already done -Z1 installs in Ferraris, etc. The're also within 50 yards of the Burlingame CalTrain station. So, even though they're not in the South Bay. You can take CalTrain back south (on weekends anyway) if you drop your car off on a Saturday...
[quote name="jkd"]>Hey jkd, I'm also from the Bay Area (San Jose) :)
>
>Where did you get your Z1 installed? I'm looking for a good place in the >South Bay to install my Z1..

I'm going to have mine installed by "Audio Images" in Burlingame. I had them do alarm installs in a couple of othere cars and those came out OK. Also, they're a "The Fast & The Furious" -type shop. I'll let you know how the install turns out. They've supposedly already done -Z1 installs in Ferraris, etc. The're also within 50 yards of the Burlingame CalTrain station. So, even though they're not in the South Bay. You can take CalTrain back south (on weekends anyway) if you drop your car off on a Saturday...[/quote]

OK, let me know how it works out...I'm curious to see if they're a reputable shop. Burlingame's not far for me, I commute there all the time. If I get it done on a Sat. I'd rather stay there and watch them install it :)