AVIC411.com

Navigation Voice Over?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but...

I originally had the N3 installed before it got jacked. I've just recently replaced it with the Z2. I remember that when I'd be using the navigation on the N3, whenever the voice guidance would need to give directions, it would stop the music and the directions would be given then resume playback. Is there any way to get that to happen on the Z2 instead of just having the voice guidance going while the music is playing?

Short answer is yes. You have go go into the system settings when you are in AV mode. I believe the two boxs on the bottom left are for muting your stereo for either guidance and/or phone. You can also change the level of the muting from 20/10/or all (20 being the loudest). If you have a phone hooked up I would set it to all. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
You can also change the level of the muting from 20/10/or all (20 being the loudest).

20 is the loudest volume or loudest mute?

The loudest muting level. 20 reduces the sound so you can hear the guidance or phone call but in my experience it's still to loud. If I'm just listening to XM or some other media source I leave it at 10. But if I am using the BT then I have it set at ALL. Just personal preference. Try each and see what works for you.