AVIC411.com

Google Releases Android Auto API To Developers

Google has released it's Android Auto API to developers last week. The API will help developers build apps or integrate Android Auto into their existing apps. The API is a part of Android 5.0 Lollipop, Google's latest mobile operating system.

A few days ago we posted about documentation that Google had released with regards to Android Auto and how integration would have to take place. With the API now released, developers can start working on getting their apps ready for Android Auto.

The selection process on which apps get approved for Android Auto will be different compared to the Google Play app approval process. The approval process for Android Auto will obviously be more rigorous.

There is no definite date on when Android Auto will be available to consumers, either as in-built car entertainment systems or in the aftermarket.

To check out the Android Auto API and start building apps for Auto, head over to Google's Android Developer page.

The app I'm using is called AppRadio Unchained Reloaded.  (paid app that requires root)

I access Google Now by swiping my radios screen or by saying "Ok Google".  (I have a Note 4 and use Google Now Launcher)

Thank you... Are You using a special launcher? I think i will put an android stick instead of my cellphone