AVIC411.com

Recently installed 8000NEX in a 2010 Honda Civic.. audio issues.

Hi all,

I got the 8000NEX for Christmas, and as I know nothing about car audio, I had the system installed. Everything is great, except for a problem I'm having with the audio. I have a 2010 Honda Civic EX with the stock audio system.

Everything is EXTREMELY loud, and there is an audible static noise present at all times (even when music isn't playing - its not crackling or popping, just a steady ambient noise). Are there settings I can tweak? Or is this something to do with the audio system that's installed in the car? 

It is very annoying to always hear the static, and the volume thing is alarming to me.

Thank you for your help!

The only thing I can think of (because I had a similar problem at first) is to check the "Alerts" volume. This setting comes up when you press the regular volume buttons up or down (look on the far right-hand side of the volume bar that pops up).

When my 4000NEX was first installed, this setting was at maximum, resulting in anything like Siri or phone calls being EXTREMELY loud, and a constant static even when there were no alerts. As soon as I turned it down (I think I have it at 3 now), everything instantly got better.

Hope that helps.

Coupe or sedan? 

If coupe, was the factory amp bypassed or was it integrated?

If sedan, was an aftermarket amp installed?  (EX sedans don't come with a factory amp) 

The 'static' that you're hearing, is it more of a hiss and  does it increase as the engines RPM increases?  If so, it's being caused by a poor ground.  

Coupe or sedan? 

If coupe, was the factory amp bypassed or was it integrated?

If sedan, was an aftermarket amp installed?  (EX sedans don't come with a factory amp) 

The 'static' that you're hearing, is it more of a hiss and  does it increase as the engines RPM increases?  If so, it's being caused by a poor ground.  

It is indeed a hiss, and I haven't noticed that it increases with engine RPM increase, but I will pay closer attention. It is the coupe, and to be honest, I don't know practically anything about how it was installed. I took it to a reputable local installer.

The only thing I can think of (because I had a similar problem at first) is to check the "Alerts" volume. This setting comes up when you press the regular volume buttons up or down (look on the far right-hand side of the volume bar that pops up).

When my 4000NEX was first installed, this setting was at maximum, resulting in anything like Siri or phone calls being EXTREMELY loud, and a constant static even when there were no alerts. As soon as I turned it down (I think I have it at 3 now), everything instantly got better.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tip - I tried this but no change :( I appreciate the suggestion though.

I would go back to the installer and make them aware of the problem so they can repair it. 

I'd also ask them how the radio was installed.  ie: what brand harness was used, what steering wheel interface was used, was the factory amp bypassed or integrated.  If the amp was integrated, how was it done, was the parking brake bypassed, we're ALL connections soldered?