AVIC411.com

NEX 4000 Issues

So I bought my AVH-4000NEX a few months back, installed it and it worked great, except for when the weather was humid outside, or below 40 degrees.  When it was humid or cold the faceplate refused to respond to any inputs and would lock up if you tried touching anything.  However, once the car was warm or you ran the A/C for a while to remove some humidity from inside the car everything worked perfectly again.

I decided to keep the faceplate indoors one cold night to see if that fixed the problem and it did, which told me that the faceplate was the likely culprit so I called pioneer and they authorized a repair.   I sent it in to the repair facility which turned out to be run by really quite rude people with no idea of what customer service is, and they claim to have had a new faceplate sent to the them by pioneer which they "tested" and then sent it back to me after confirming that it worked. 

Well I was quite happy to have it back after almost 3 weeks of using my crappy stock radio, hooked everything back up and powered it on, and none of the buttons along the bottom of the radio work, at all.  No volume, eject, home button, nothing, nor does it respond to the remote anymore and the processor reset button is also now useless.  I emailed the repair shop and of course they say oh just send it back we will see whats up but I have lost all confidence in them at this point and I am really getting fed up with the whole deal. 

Anyone seen or heard of symptoms like this before?

Thanks,

Scott

I have had intermittent problems with the touch screen on my 4000NEX. Indeed, I did this morning. All the way to work the screen was black and the only button that worked was the eject button. I removed the plate and put back on to no avail and after turning off and back on, it worked again. Has happened two or three times since I've had the radio. I wonder if it's a software issue as I notice the screen goes blank as soon as I touch it. But could be that it shuts off due to a bad connection to the unit.