AVIC411.com

I'm very much interested in upgrading my old PIONEER system to the new AVIC-8100NEX.  I was wondering if anyone out there can speak about the quality of the noise cancellation microphone when making phone calls.  My old system had all kinds of echo problems and wanted to make sure that before I made the investment into the AVIC-8100NEX that these problems are cleared up.  I also wanted to know about the quality of the Voice Recognition as well. Any help with your experience in this product would be appreciated.

Re: to your 8000NEX and your wife's 7000NEX:

How is the voice cancelling microphone quality during phone calls?  Do you have problems with people that are receiving your calls complaining of echo?

And thanks ... I was unaware that the AVIC-8100NEX was not available yet.  Any word on when this unit will be available for purchase?

I wonder what I have done wrong with my setup then. I have never been satisfied with call quality on the 8000NEX...constant audio drops and echoes....so much so that I actively avoid using the HU for phone calls whenever possible.

I love my NEX dearly, but my previous Kenwood's call quality was superior in every way.

I'd wait and see how the Parrot runs when it comes out. Especially if the microphone is to question since parrot has the best in the business. They are so good, the NEX uses Parrot tech for their bluetooth but with a single microphone instead of dual mics that the parrot head units use. 

For anyone wondering Pioneer australia advertises it for their version of the NEX http://www.pioneer.com.au/au/products/25/111/241/AVIC-F60DAB/specs.html go down to bluetooth and it's there. The F60DAB is the aussy 8000NEX.