AVIC411.com

Firmware/Software Backup?

Hi Guys, JGeezer here.  I'm invested rather heavily in Z130BT's (I have two totally custom installation, in a 2003 Corvette and a 2004 CTS-V) and I'm very interested in getting my newer Lightning iPhones to work.  I'm reading a lot of threads, and I'm trying to get an update path sketched out.  There's a lot in here to sort through.

But FIRST! I don't want to end up with bricks.  I see references to backing up before attempting the firm/soft ware updates, and REALLY want to do that - what is the proceedure? And for restoring if necessary?  Searched, but haven't stumbled on that yet.

Here's some pics of the installs - the CTS-V involved downgrading to a base CD radio, hacking to make a DD size hole in it (had to move the motherboard up, discard the CD, etc.) and custom wiring.

post-128178-0-46304200-1422109416_thumb.jpg

The Corvette involved getting a custom bezel made (delete ashtray, move down HVAC controls, create a DD opening). 

post-128178-0-15182800-1422109246_thumb.jpg

You can see why I really want to update, and not replace. So far I have only done the base update to 3.002 and BT is at 3.22.  BT works, and with a just a lightning cable (not 30 pin adaptor)  the iPhone 5 almost works - good Pandora/Aha touch screen response, but no audio (don't care much about video).