AVIC411.com

8000NEX treating 16:9 source as 4:3?

Looking to buy either the 8000 or 8100. Been testing certain things on a demo 8000 at a local car stereo shop to see if the units will do everything I want them to. Connected both an iPhone 5 and 6 to the HDMI input using an Apple Digital AV adapter (lightning to HDMI) and a HDMI cable. The screen mirroring video appears to be incorrectly formatted. It looks to be treating the source as a 4:3 source and stretching it. Doesn't matter if I mirror Safari, play a video, use other apps, etc. Selecting the different modes on the Pioneer (normal, zoom, whatever the third option is) doesn't solve the issue as the picture has either black bars all around, a stretched image, or cropped image (zoom). I checked all of the settings on the Pioneer and everything seems to be set correctly (even 16:9 mode in the DVD settings). I connected the exact same setup to my home tv and it fills the widescreen tv perfectly without stretching, etc. I connected the setup to a demo Kenwood unit and it worked without issue. Any thoughts and/or experiences to share from those with a 8000, 8100, or other Pioneer units with HDMI?

Movies played with the iPhone video app and TV via my Slingplayer app both were distorted. Interesting that Netflix seemed to look correct. Perhaps Pioneer needs a firmware update to fix this assuming it isn't an issue with Apple devices being connected to certain displays.