AVIC411.com

I've tried every card from 64MB (from the darkest crags of my closet) all the way up to the 64GB ones that work in every other Avic deck I have (I know I know, they don't work, they're unstable when you format them for fat, but this problem isn't specific to any card brand, size, or format). I did a 14,000mi road trip watching a number of shows completely on the 64GB cards in 2013, this problem seems to only happen since I swapped out my z150BH for the 8000NEX, and even then, it's only happening as of the newest update for the deck. I also have a TON of 32gb cards of differing manufacturers.

Are you using SDHC CARDS because the cards that are larger than 32 gig are SDXC are not compatible.

This is only partially correct, it depends on what file system you format the memory card to. I have a 256 GB PNY SDXC and it came formatted to exFAT which is supposed to be better compatibility for memory card devices however the memory card didnt work in my 4000nex. I formatted to NTFS and now the card works just fine, it can read all tags for all my music files and everything. I wouldn't be surprised if I still have the 15,000 file limit though and I think there is a 7,000 folder limit.

As for k peters13, have you tried both fat and NTFS? maybe your unit has a bum sd reader if all cards have the issue?