AVIC411.com

Does 4100 have an "OK" button every time unit turned on?

Are you guys talking about the "OK" button for the warning page for the Maps? If so, that most likely required by law to have that. It was on my Pioneer D-3 from way back in the day. The only difference between my old D-3 and new AVIC-7000 is the fact that the D-3 would not show it again if it was on a route. For example I would pull over for some gas and/or food, turn off the car for a few minutes. Return and started it up, the D-3 would continue the route with out that warning screen. But the 7000 will show that warning screen every time, routing or not. 

KOT

Are you guys talking about the "OK" button for the warning page for the Maps? If so, that most likely required by law to have that. It was on my Pioneer D-3 from way back in the day. The only difference between my old D-3 and new AVIC-7000 is the fact that the D-3 would not show it again if it was on a route. For example I would pull over for some gas and/or food, turn off the car for a few minutes. Return and started it up, the D-3 would continue the route with out that warning screen. But the 7000 will show that warning screen every time, routing or not. 

KOT

Darn, that is annoying. Seems odd that it would be a legal issue given that many OEM nav units stopped having those warnings awhile back. Hard to understand any logic or benefit (not that these are the guiding principles for laws in general, unfortunately  :shock:) to having a tiny slice of nav units on the roadways (i.e.; aftermarket headunits) required to have an "OK" button but the other 99% of nav units out there not having this.  Perhaps aftermarket companies like Pioneer feel it gives them some legal coverage if someone tries to blame being distracted by the headunit as the cause of an accident?  Like NSCRDV I'd welcome any info on a way to eliminate this??