AVIC411.com

8100NEX Android Auto

I am so confused. What do I need to make this work? Just a microUSB cable (and extension cable if needed)?  I have a Nexus 6 phone, so I definitely have Android 5 Lollipop firmware.  To be clear, I don't want to mirror my phone screen via MHL or HDMI, I just want to use AndroidAuto to read my texts, use Google Now, Google Maps, my Gmail contacts, etc.

A usb and a working version of android auto. Bottom line is that you are stuck waiting like the rest of us. Best excuse I've heard is pioneer started selling units before the app was fully vetted

Thanks for the heads up  :)   i heard the app works fine with the Nexus 6 phone, which i have

I have a nexus 6 and it works perfectly with the 8100 and android auto. make sure you update the firmware, use USB port 2. All you need is the extension that came with the HU and a USB micro. as well as the Auto app as stated

Thanks so much!  I won't need the USB extension cord.  I plan removing one of the two cigarette lighter ports I have in my truck and plan on doing this (see pic below, USB out in lower right of photo), i just sourced the GM parts on eBay (it's just a simple USB passthrough, no funky harnesses or wiring) to give it a more OEM look

I've been reading up, i see there's not much apps, but if i can use G-Maps, Pandora, and read my texts, I am extremely happy lol.  

IMG_5655.jpg