AVIC411.com

going from Sony xav -712HD to 4100nex?

HI guys,

So I have the Sony HU which is quite nice but I would like to have android auto.

I have been looking into the 4100nex. For those that have it, how is the unit? I will be doing a small sound system and mostly use my HU for Spotify and some on phone music. I also use Google maps alot.

Thanks!

Google Maps works really well with Android Auto, you can pinch and zoom and all that just like on your phone. You can push the mic button and tell it to navigate you to wherever and it does so automatically. Spotify only has basic functionality. You can play, pause, forward and backward, but you can't change albums/artist/playlist. If you aren't using Android Auto you can do this on your phone, but your just displays a black screen with "Android Auto" on it with using Android Auto so I'm not sure how you change album/artist/playlist when using it. It was just playing what was in my "Starred" playlist, but I deleted all my music from there and haven't tried it since.

Edit: So after posting this I went to my car and you can actually control all that stuff through the stereo, the only thing you can't do is search or add songs to play lists (though honestly I didn't try this.)