AVIC411.com

Replacing 8000..Go with 8100 or 4100

So the Bluetooth on my 8000NEX has been shot since the new year. Luckily I bought a square trade warranty at the time of purchase and finally got around to calling them. After a little back and forth, they are refunding me the 1k I purchased for the unit. I end up eating the $150 spent on the warranty, but that seems fair given the situation. 

I've been thinking of what to replace it with and have a few options. I'm not a big fan of the capacitive screen on the 8000 so though about going with the 7100, but given how the price difference is only $40 on Ebay, I figured it would be better to get the higher replacement value on my next warranty. I'm now between the 8100 and the 4100. 

Are you guys who switched from the 8000 to the 4100 missing the built in navi? I'm nearly set on going with the 4100 and pocketing the $500 to put on something else. 

Any opinions? 

No expert in in the next system but I have a Sony xav 712HD with the tomtom adapter and never use the built in navi. Almost a waste of money on the tomtom adapter because I only use Google maps.

I want the 8100 for the capacitive touch screen but can't justify spending 1k+ on a unit that they will stop supporting after 6mo to a year.

I am thinking of getting the 4100 just for android auto since I only use Google maps and spotify.

Having built in navi might be good for places that havery no cell service unless your on verizon.

I have t mobile and have limited service in areas of PA And such.

Decisions decisions.