AVIC411.com

Automatic Sound Levelizer

I was trying to set/use the ASL circuit on my 6000 and have yet to notice any difference with it enabled vs. disabled. Does it need to have the same external mike plugged into it as is used for the AutoEQ? I have the VSS circuit wired in and is confirmed working in the connections screen under system info.

Is the ASL on the Avic really even worth fooling with? I have read differing opinions. I drove an Impala once that had it on the factory HU and it worked great.

Oh wow it's back? I totally forgot about this feature. I had it on an old single din Pioneer unit from over 10 years ago. Then I bought the Pioneer D-3 but that didn't have it. I've had the avid-7000 for a couple of months and didn't know about it. 

On the old single din Pioneer it made a difference. But it took a few seconds to recognize that there was a "noise" change. When I opened the window, it would take 20 to 30 seconds to adjust. But closing the window it would take 50 to 10 seconds. 

KOT

I was trying to set/use the ASL circuit on my 6000 and have yet to notice any difference with it enabled vs. disabled. Does it need to have the same external mike plugged into it as is used for the AutoEQ? I have the VSS circuit wired in and is confirmed working in the connections screen under system info.

Is the ASL on the Avic really even worth fooling with? I have read differing opinions. I drove an Impala once that had it on the factory HU and it worked great.

I have an 8000 in a convertible, and it works well. Somewhere in the settings menu, its sensitivity can be adjusted in several steps. I remember I had to put it up a few notches for it to be really effective.