AVIC411.com

Nex 4100 Weird Issues

Hi,

I just bought a NEX 4100 and had it installed yesterday along with an idatalink Maestro RR.  It was mostly working (function wise) but had a few bugs, so we updated the firmware to 1.03.  Now it is even working weirder.

Problems:

-Cannot access idatalink maestro screen in setup, touch the button and nothing happens

-DVD will not play (yes I am in park with brake on).  What happens is I hear the sound and go to hit OK to the warning, but it will not let me select OK (greyed out)

-I go to eject the DVD/SD card etc, and no matter what I do it goes to a bluetooth menu.  I have reset system and recalibrated touchscreen.  

-Randomly goes into the  same bluetooth menu settings like something is selecting it (like a remote or another input)

Has anyone ever had any issues like this.  I downloaded the firmware and appear to install fine.  Have done resets, etc.

Thanks! 

My first though is they installed it poorly. Controllers like the maestro and axxess NEED to be soldered, not twisted or crimped. I learned this the hard way. You should take it back to your installer and have them look into it. Hopefully they're reputable enough to offer this checkup for free..

It should be working if installed correctly.

My first though is they installed it poorly. Controllers like the maestro and axxess NEED to be soldered, not twisted or crimped. I learned this the hard way. You should take it back to your installer and have them look into it. Hopefully they're reputable enough to offer this checkup for free..

It should be working if installed correctly.

Thanks, I will double-check!

• 2 weeks later...

Figured out the DVD (connection wasn't right) and bluetooth.  However still stuck with maestro.  Any ideas?

The issue with the maestro RR and NEX x100 series is a known issue - idatalink states they are waiting on a firmware update from Pioneer to address this. See this discussion on their support forums: http://www.12voltdata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=348&t=13917&start=15#p54901

• 3 months later...